Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Learning to Blog from the tech god Brian

I am not a blogger. I have tried to blog several times, but they usually lose steam. Today my dear friend and colleague (and tech god) Brian, is showing me how blogging can be good for me and those who care about things like leadership, undergraduate education and just connecting. He's all about the connecting because he's a woo and a tech god. So, here we sit in his little cube on a rainy Tuesday in March, teaching me to blog. I complain to Brian that I will fail yet again and this time more publicly than the other more anonymous times I have tried to keep a blog, but he both soothes and pushes me past this. Failing in public is what we teach. Only, it's so much easier to teach it than live it. So, this lesson from Brian is a great place to start this blog on teaching using the Adaptive Leadership technique because everything he just did with me and for me exemplifies about three of the basic pillars of our work: take risks, have friends who can support you in those risks, and identify the technical vs the adaptive issue in everything you do. Thanks B!

1 comment:

  1. Hail to the Tech God! :) Love the first post and you are so right: It's important to practice what we preach. Amen, Sister!

    ReplyDelete